Yachtdata Ltd


Craft Identification Numbers


Sailing Yachts          What information do I need?
Application form

Motor Cruisers
What information do I need?
Application form

Canal boats
What information do I need?
Application form

Sportsboats & PWC
What information do I need?
Application form


Terms of business.

Price list - Motor Cruisers, Sports Boats, PWC & Sailing Yachts.

Price list - Narrowboats, Broadbeams & Dutch Barges

Broker registration form.

Broker enquiry form.

Where to find your British Ships Registration - Part One official number.

About Small Ships Part Three register.

Recreational Craft Directive.


 What is a Craft Identification Number?

Not many boats have this number but, you may be able to find an HPI Boatmark number or a manufacturers yard number, please identify which one if possible.


It is more likely that you will find a HIN number:

All newer boats brought onto the market since 16 June 1998 and built for leisure purposes (including charter vessels) and sold in the European Union have had to comply with the Recreational Craft Directive (94/25/EC) and be 'CE-marked' to show that they comply with what are known as Essential Safety Requirements. Each boat is given a unique hull identification number (HIN), which must be carried in two places: somewhere visible (usually on the outside of the transom, near the top and to starboard), and somewhere concealed inside the boat.

See Recreational Craft Directive.

The yachtdata team. Telephone 01454 269696.
 Copyright 2001  [yachtdata]. All rights reserved.